Monday, March 1, 2010

Here Goes Nothin'

So, as the title bar says I'm starting on a project to record 12 songs, one a month, for 12 months while at the same time keeping up on all the other stuff that needs doing; you know, like making a living.

Spent yesterday making sure the rig is set up properly for recording. All systems are go. I also went out and bought a new guitar on Saturday. I didn't really need one but I wanted one that plays a little better than the trusty old Squier I've been using. So I picked up an arctic white Fender Stratocaster, hecho en Mexico. It plays really nice. Well to me anyway, it could safely be said that I really don't know what I'm talking about since guitar isn't even my second instrument let alone my first. But I treated D to some heavily distorted 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' just like those n00bs you see hanging out in Guitar Center. Felt good...

Right, off to work the paycheck job and another post tonight after I've hopefully laid down some tracks.

1 comment: